So, I say "Do you need to go potty?"
And he replies "No. I just don't want to go potty."
A minute later "Seth, I can tell tell you need to go potty."
"No. I don't have to go potty." is his very firm reply
"Are you sure?"
"No, I'm not sure!" (which means, 'yes, I'm sure I don't have to go potty.')
"Come on, Seth, let's go potty."
"NO!"
And so, he continues to dance and wiggle until he just can't stand it anymore and he'll say "Mommy, I need to go potty!" then we rush to the potty.
So, the other morning we went through this potty ritual then I told him to go into his bedroom and put his undies on. As I was waiting for him to reappear, I heard him say "Not quite right, please try again." (Which is a direct quote from a Thomas game on one of his DVD's) Then he came around the corner, taking very small steps, with both legs in the same hole of the undies, saying "Help! Help!"
4 comments:
Ha ha ha! That is so cute! I love it!
He should be an undie wear model on a commercial!
Sounds like he takes after his Aunt Dottie. I'm still a good potty dancer!
That's a great story- one I am sure will haunt him for life! Too cute!!
Post a Comment