Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Hubby

So, the other day I was telling Michael some of my woes and, well, I'll let the following speak for the rest...

There once was a beautiful woman named Jean.
(Take a look in the mirror, you'll see who I mean.)
She got kinda down, feelin' all outta sorts
So her husband gave her a wee kick in the shorts

He said, "Hey there my sweetie, wazza madda wid U?"
She said, "Got so much to accomplish, but nothing to do!"
He said, "That makes no sense, are you sick in the head?"
She said, "You're really not helping - I'm going to bed."

Well, her husband (let's call him Michael the Grand)
Was perplexed and befuddled and knew not where to stand
So he wrote up a poem he hoped would inspire
And sent it via email, to his only desire.

And it went a little something like this:

Jeanie, Jeanie, you're too awesome
To lay there sad and playin' possum
Gotta jump up and go go go
'Cause you'll be happier, I know

The journey of a thousand mile
Starts with step one, so put on a smile
Perhaps if we get up at dawn
And go downstairs, get a workout on

We'll have more energy and spunk
And ditch the blues and all that junk
And feel like we can take on life
With confidence as sharp as a knife

We can take procrastination
Replace it with strong motivation
If this power-poem fails to thrill
I think that we could get some pills ;)

But either way the time is now
To make a change - I'll tell you how
Use agency to make the choice
Lift up your heart, lift up your voice

No matter what I love you tons
So chop-chop girl, get off those buns!
And know that I am by your side
To overcome the blues inside.

Now, I may not be the best drill sergeant around
Nor am I a psychiatrist - but my advice is still sound
And most of all, I hope that you know
I love you so much - yes, I love you so!

Whenever you need me, my ear is all yours
And my shoulder, my knee, my pancreas, and pores
But in the end, it is you who must make the first move
Though I'll be right there beside you adding funk to your groove

My rhymes are degrading - my apologies
But there's one more word play that I'd like to squeeze
And that's this: I am sorry you are feeling this way
But I hope this little ditty has brightened your day.

9 comments:

TammaRamma said...

I love it! What a sweetheart! I think it's cute he still writes you poems!

Mel said...

That is so cute! Did it wash away those blues? Hope you have a good day, Love Ya!

Jean said...

Oh my goodness, it made me laugh and cry all at the same time! And it did make my day better.

Mel said...

Don't be giving me crap about the christmas tree on my blog - Londyn hasn't made me a new blog header yet. Yes I have to depend on her for that!!

Chad and Nicole said...

That is so sweet! It made me tear up! What a great guy.

Corinne - Copyright 2013 PontiusFamilyUpdates All Rights Reserved said...

So sweet! I love the intro poem too!

Dottie said...

That is AWESOME! I like it even better the second time. I need to tell Kirk to write me a poem. I'm sure it will be just as good (not really!)

Stop and smell the Daisies said...

That is really sweet! He is very funny! What had you so down?
You look fabulous, by the way!

stewbert said...

Oh that is so sweet. awww, what a good hubby.